Friday, November 28, 2014

Gratitude, Days 13, 14, 15

Day 13
Friday
  • NOT going out to Black Friday sales!  Boy, I never thought I'd say that!  I used to love getting up in the dark, getting dressed, quietly waking up my daughter, and going shopping with her that day.  It was never about what we were going to buy, it was about being together.  I guess as you (and your children) get older, the crowds start to outweigh the fun.  Also, being away in Cancun for the last few years on Black Friday, I guess the thrill is gone!  Just no comparison...
  • Online shopping!  What did we do before the Internet?  Thanks, Al Gore!
  • Getting all our Christmas decorations up, including our new Christmas tree!
Day 14
Saturday
  • 66 degree weather in November!  Yeah, you heard that right!  66 degrees... in Omaha, Nebraska!
  • Getting up at the crack of dawn to avoid the crowds and buying my Christmas dinner ingredients (told ya' I was gonna'!).  Sam's tradition is lasagna.  I try not to judge...
  • Starting a "snowball fight" with the neighbors!  We have great neighbors! 
http://www.attagirlsays.com/2014/01/24/printable-chalkboard-art-snowball-fight/#_a5y_p=1218078
AttaGirlSays
I used this one:
 
 
I decided to do the same with my co-workers, so I found this, which inspired me to create my own:
 
Click here for a copy without a school name or year
It's a little less wordy, I think I'll use it for my neighbors next year (it's the same, it just has the title "Snowball Fight!" and says "neighbors" instead of "co-workers").
 
Day 15
Sunday
  • Successful delivery of our neighbors' "snowballs."  We decided to do three instead of two, just to get the ball rolling... (get it?  "Get the ball rolling?")
  • Hot coffee, the paper, and a great documentary about Mel Brooks now that the weather turned frigid again overnight!
  • Walking Dead Night!  So sad that it's the midseason finale though...

No comments: