- A warm, cozy house on a bitter cold day
- The whole day to rest and, hopefully, recover from my cold (and not worrying about traveling to Cancun with a cold!)
- Having my lesson plans for next week done and plans for the week of Thanksgiving almost done
- Time to leisurely read the Sunday paper
- My wonderful husband making omelets in the kitchen
Monday, Nov. 17
- Patience (specifically when a student breaks a personal item)
- Bixby (specifically, he is so excited when I come home. It makes a very tough, long day so much better!)
- My Uggs, so warm and toasty!
- My electric throw, also warm and toasty
- Pibb Zero, so cold and refreshing!
- My teaching partners, we keep each other sane (or at least we go crazy together!)
- The foresight to put up our outside Christmas decorations before the cold weather arrived (even though our neighbors thought we were crazy! No worries, we don't turn on the lights till Thanksgiving!)
- A full tank of gas, also gotten before the cold weather hit